For an activity in class, we had to pick songs that we identified with and that meant a lot to us. Unfortunately for me, I couldn’t pick one song, but rather I had a list. A list that could tell you everything that’s in my heart and in my mind right now in July 2018.
Also, I’m aware that this is a series that Vogue does, but I don’t think I’ll end up being cool enough to be featured on Vogue’s Youtube page. Maybe I will be one day, maybe I won’t. But I won’t wait around for the opportunity to share with the world this playlist.
- Alone by Halsey
- Homemade Dynamite by Lorde
- Both of US – BOB feat. Taylor Swift
- Ace of Hearts – Zella Day
- Million Dollar Houses (The Painter) by Pierce the Veil
- I Walk The Line – Halsey
- I wanna be yours – Arctic Monkeys
- Expensive Mistakes (Wilson) – Fall Out Boy
- Starring Role – Marina and the Diamonds
- Idontwannabeyouanymore – Billie Eilish
- Writer in the Dark – Lorde
- Devil in Me – Halsey
- Rose Coloured Boy – Paramore
- Magnets – Disclosure feat. Lorde
- Heaven In Hiding – Halsey
- Fall In Line – Christina Aguilera feat. Demi Lovato
- So What – P!nk
- History Maker – Dean Fujioka
- Howl’s Moving Castle: Merry Go Round of Life – Joe Hisaishi
This is incredibly long. Longer than I anticipated.
I would try to make a Spotify playlist or something but technically in India, Spotify isn’t a thing. So if you in a country that has Spotify makes this playlist, share it with me, I’ll figure something out.
But yeah, welcome to the life, heart and mind of – ughhh can’t say my name yet – ME. Yeah. Please be gentle.
Maybe I’ll make this a series, maybe I won’t. I don’t know.
Also, I’ve repeated a lot of artists, but I can’t help it. I love them and their music so so much.
But here you are: a collection of songs that represent the sum total of what’s me in this moment. Although, ideally I would have liked to go in full detail for each song, in this moment I have so much to do, I don’t have enough time. Maybe, perhaps, in the future though, I could edit this post with a little bit about each song and why it’s here.
But until that day, you have this playlist to love and savour and hate.
Love and kindness,